Choosing a running shoe that fits properly is essential before you start your exercise. However, it’s not as simple as it sounds. Size is the first factor to consider, as you’ll want about an inch between the toe and the tip of the shoe. Next, you’ll want a snug, but not tight, fit in the mid-foot and heel. It’s a good idea to wear the socks you’ll be running in to try on your new shoes. Signs that your running shoes fit poorly include tingling or numbness in the toes, blisters on top of the toes and the back of the heels, as well as bruised toes, which may indicate the shoe is too short. If you experience any of these or other painful symptoms, be sure to consult a podiatrist as soon as possible.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of the foot specialists from Physicians Footcare . Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our offices located in various cities throughout South Carolina and two offices located in Georgia . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy